Saturday, August 21, 2010

Preparing for another Suicide Sunday (Geology Tour Rd)

This week has been fairly quiet.  Just driving to work and running around town.  But today is prep day for tomorrow's Suicide Sunday.  Wyle E.'s new CB and Antenna came this week and once I pick up the power drill tonight I will do the install on those tomorrow morning, tune the antenna and be prepared to hit the trails by noon.  I already have the trail picked out for tomorrow.  The park ranger I spoke to said it is about a two hour trip from the looks of the map it seems to be 15 to 20 miles round trip (not including the drive to the trail).  The selected trail is a short loop of a much longer trail that would end up down by palm springs.  My goal is to work up to be able to run that trail.  So, my Oh shit bag is packed, the camel backs are filled and all I have left to do is to install the CB and toss everything into Wyle E. .  Check back soon for the updates from tomorrows Jeepin' adventure!

Highlighted in yellow is the route for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment