Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'm SO excited~!

In 13 hours 3 of us will be hitting the road and heading up in to Joshua Tree National Park.  We spent the day getting food, drink, and gear together. Making some minor adjustments to Wyle E. like mounting two new gerry can brackets and the fire extinguisher, Rigged my camel back to hang on the passenger seat, and reconnected the CB.  A quick system check found everything a go and we are set.

The Oh Shit bags are packed a little fuller than normal and we are being accompanied by my cast iron which will be making dinner in the camp fire. Joe Stein Stew and Apple cobbler on the menu. Bacon and Eggs for Breakfast.  Camera batteries are charging, and memory cards are formatted to be sure we don't miss a shot.

My excitement is in overdrive! It is nearly 10 PM and I haven't eaten dinner yet, I keep forgetting as I double check my gear and go over my lists to be sure tomorrows adventure runs smoothly.

There are several people I wish could join us on this run, but they will be home soon and we can do it all over again in celebration of their return.

If you don't hear from me by 7 pm July the 5th, you may want to send out at a search party....