Thursday, September 2, 2010

She can always make me smile

Sorry there was no blog about driving trails this past Sunday. I had to skip out as my horse injured himself pretty badly. So, I have been quite stressed and exhausted and very much in need of one of my trail days. Yet, I find that just the drive to the ranch perks me up a bit. I don't know if it's the hum of the tires, if it's the feel of the warm wind, or just the knowing that if I chose I could just turn off the pavement and disappear. What ever it is, it works.

Driving that Jeep keeps a small smile in me. I've never had so much fun driving another vehicle and at times I look at my Ram and Z28 parked in front of the house and think "Maybe I'm a little crazy". I don't know many people who would prefer an old 4cylinder Jeep to a supped up sports car or big mean diesel truck, but then I don't know many people as easily amused as I am.

I have some Secret plans in the works for the weekend of the 10'th! They involve my husband and some close friends and a few hours on one of the trails in the park. I hope things work out in my favor so I can share this with them!  I'd say what they are but said people may read this and I hope this little bit of info is enough to drive them nuts!